About The AuthorGabriel Mongefranco is an experienced leader in software development and security analysis. On his free time, he is also a writer, poet, philanthropist and adventurer. Learn more.
Popular Topicsadventures blogging break up canada coast guard coast guard auxiliary davenport university death dreams español familia friendship frustration God grand rapids great lakes guatemala hacking happiness hope lake michigan life love medical michigan my wife new job oceans recovery relationships robotics romantic sadness school secret love social justice solitude spanish spectrum health sweet travel usa volunteering web development work
Fun – Diversión Archive
- Posted on 2012.01.11 | 3 CommentsI have so many stories to tell about the Auxiliary, and tonight, they all become a little more official! I never before felt so proud to wear my Operational Dress Uniform (ODU)...
- Posted on 2011.05.16 | 1 CommentThrowing a heaving line to another boat or a floating dummy in a rocking boat is also harder than it sounds. But, after the 5th try or so, I was able to do both, and I only hit the dummy on the head once! :)
- Posted on 2011.04.16 | No CommentsWe headed outside, into the cold rain, and went aboard one of the Coast Guard boats. Rick showed us how to toss a line, but he forgot to do the most important thing: tie the other end to the boat. :) So there it went, flying away!
- Posted on 2011.02.27 | No CommentsBrian brought a bag full of these flares, so we all had some fun shooting them over the channel -- even some of the Coasties joined in the fun! Everyone thought I had way too much fun with these flares, but hey...
- Posted on 2011.02.23 | No CommentsMy highlight of the show was the training that occurred on the second floor: Coastie operator training. Coastie is a 45-inch robot shaped like a cartoon-character boat that talks to the kids about water safety.
- Posted on 2010.01.17 | No CommentsI'm back from Guatemala! It was fun, and it was really great to see my family again. It was the first time in many, many years that we could take a picture of the whole family together.
- Posted on 2009.11.01 | No CommentsI've been down in the basement for a couple of hours trying to learn how to play this song. It's challenging, but everytime I learn a small piece, I can hear Mandy Moore singing along.
- Posted on 2009.06.06 | No CommentsNo more falling in love after two seconds, either. It's time to be careful not to fall for someone too quickly, but also careful not to wait too long. I now know what kind of girl I'm looking for...
- Posted on 2009.04.05 | No CommentsAfter the Pow Wow, I missed my exit to Lansing so I drove up to Flint, where in a split second I decided to go see the thumb of Michigan. I drove to Bad Axe, where I met some elite hackers.