About The AuthorGabriel Mongefranco is an experienced leader in software development and security analysis. On his free time, he is also a writer, poet, philanthropist and adventurer. Learn more.
Popular Topicsadventures blogging break up canada coast guard coast guard auxiliary davenport university death dreams español familia friendship frustration God grand rapids great lakes guatemala hacking happiness hope lake michigan life love medical michigan my wife new job oceans recovery relationships robotics romantic sadness school secret love social justice solitude spanish spectrum health sweet travel usa volunteering web development work
- Posted on 2011.09.08 | No CommentsA poem about how a mariner's relationship with his loved one is falling apart due his love for the sea, and her desire for a different lifestyle on his part. His dreams, she dreaded. His life, she shredded. His dreams sank....
- Posted on 2011.04.09 | No Comments...Addressed me as, "Cadet Mongefranco." "Cadet?" I thought. "Wow, that has a nice ring to it!" I felt liberated and invigorated. My life was finally catching up with my future, but this time in real life, not just in my dreams.
- Posted on 2011.03.29 | No Comments"Are you absolutely certain that this is what you want to do?" Perhaps I could. But it would require my absolute devotion, enduring financial hardship, and making school my life for three long years. Could I really do it?
- Posted on 2011.01.30 | 1 CommentI can run. I can try to escape. I can look away, turn the music up, and try to bury myself in work or play. But it's all futile, for the oceans keep calling me, like a nagging voice in the back of my head.
- Posted on 2010.12.17 | No CommentsI am probably not going to hear back until late January, after the selection committee selects the 18 officers for this year's BOTC class. The selection process is highly competitive.
- Posted on 2010.12.02 | 2 CommentsSo, what was the first thing I did? Well, I walked out of that ceremony with my naturalization certificate in hand and headed straight home to fill out the most important applications of my life: FBI and NOAA Corps.
- Posted on 2010.05.20 | No CommentsThe good thing is that I've been getting excellent grades so far, probably because I have time to study and do homework. Plus, it helps that I love every single one of my classes!!
- Posted on 2010.04.29 | No CommentsMost of all, however, I am going to miss the leaders in particular who have been my mentors and inspiration: Daniel, Mary, Lloyd, Paul, Mitch and JR. Quite honestly, I would not have made it this far without them.
- Posted on 2010.04.12 | No CommentsI've made up my mind: I'm going to Calvin. I am also enrolled in an Associate's in Electronics Engineering Technology at Cleveland Institute of Electronics. I'm ready to embark on a long-term adventure in robotics....
- Posted on 2010.03.12 | No CommentsYay, I'm still alive! Surgery went well (mostly), and I am on my way to recovery. As a very random coincidence -- or a blessing perhaps --, Calvin College had a campus visit for engineering students today that I would have otherwise been unable to attend....