About The AuthorGabriel Mongefranco is an experienced leader in software development and security analysis. On his free time, he is also a writer, poet, philanthropist and adventurer. Learn more.
Popular Topicsadventures blogging break up canada coast guard coast guard auxiliary davenport university death dreams español familia friendship frustration God grand rapids great lakes guatemala hacking happiness hope lake michigan life love medical michigan my wife new job oceans recovery relationships robotics romantic sadness school secret love social justice solitude spanish spectrum health sweet travel usa volunteering web development work
Personal – Personal Archive
- Posted on 2012.01.11 | 3 CommentsI have so many stories to tell about the Auxiliary, and tonight, they all become a little more official! I never before felt so proud to wear my Operational Dress Uniform (ODU)...
- Posted on 2011.08.13 | No Comments"God, please look after her," I prayed. "And please God, o please God, let me come back safe to her: allow me to see my love..."
- Posted on 2011.06.15 | 1 CommentShe still couldn't believe it. It was still hard for me to process it as well. "You're not dreaming," I said once again. "This is real. This is happening." She hugged me once again, as our hearts shared the taste of a miracle...
- Posted on 2011.05.22 | 2 CommentsAs I stood in that vessel, balancing my body and supporting myself by pressing my legs against the engine room and the deck, I held in my hand not just a line, not just a maritime tool, but also the answer to all my questions....
- Posted on 2011.05.16 | 1 CommentThrowing a heaving line to another boat or a floating dummy in a rocking boat is also harder than it sounds. But, after the 5th try or so, I was able to do both, and I only hit the dummy on the head once! :)
- Posted on 2011.05.04 | No CommentsWhen I came into your life, I quickly found myself loving you and you loving me in such a profound way that we found no more natural progression than to want some sort of commitment in our relationship. Commitment... that's scary! **Note: This content requires site login.
- Posted on 2011.04.16 | No CommentsWe headed outside, into the cold rain, and went aboard one of the Coast Guard boats. Rick showed us how to toss a line, but he forgot to do the most important thing: tie the other end to the boat. :) So there it went, flying away!
- Posted on 2011.04.09 | No Comments...Addressed me as, "Cadet Mongefranco." "Cadet?" I thought. "Wow, that has a nice ring to it!" I felt liberated and invigorated. My life was finally catching up with my future, but this time in real life, not just in my dreams.