About The AuthorGabriel Mongefranco is an experienced leader in software development and security analysis. On his free time, he is also a writer, poet, philanthropist and adventurer. Learn more.
Popular Topicsadventures blogging break up canada coast guard coast guard auxiliary davenport university death dreams español familia friendship frustration God grand rapids great lakes guatemala hacking happiness hope lake michigan life love medical michigan my wife new job oceans recovery relationships robotics romantic sadness school secret love social justice solitude spanish spectrum health sweet travel usa volunteering web development work
College – Universidad Archive
- Posted on 2011.08.13 | No Comments"God, please look after her," I prayed. "And please God, o please God, let me come back safe to her: allow me to see my love..."
- Posted on 2011.05.22 | 2 CommentsAs I stood in that vessel, balancing my body and supporting myself by pressing my legs against the engine room and the deck, I held in my hand not just a line, not just a maritime tool, but also the answer to all my questions....
- Posted on 2011.04.09 | No Comments...Addressed me as, "Cadet Mongefranco." "Cadet?" I thought. "Wow, that has a nice ring to it!" I felt liberated and invigorated. My life was finally catching up with my future, but this time in real life, not just in my dreams.
- Posted on 2011.03.29 | No Comments"Are you absolutely certain that this is what you want to do?" Perhaps I could. But it would require my absolute devotion, enduring financial hardship, and making school my life for three long years. Could I really do it?
- Posted on 2011.01.21 | 1 CommentI saw for the first time in a long, long time a joyful smile on her face and a look so bright, warm and full of hope that her happiness became mine. The last time I saw her smile and rejoice like this was when we first kissed. **Note: This content requires site login.
- Posted on 2010.12.02 | 2 CommentsSo, what was the first thing I did? Well, I walked out of that ceremony with my naturalization certificate in hand and headed straight home to fill out the most important applications of my life: FBI and NOAA Corps.
- Posted on 2010.05.20 | No CommentsThe good thing is that I've been getting excellent grades so far, probably because I have time to study and do homework. Plus, it helps that I love every single one of my classes!!
- Posted on 2010.05.11 | No CommentsI ran across a couple of fun sites that provide virtual tours of Egyptian pyramids, including: King Khunfu's chamber, Khufu's pyramid, Khafre pyramid, and the Sphynx.
- Posted on 2010.04.20 | No CommentsWhen I decided to enroll at Cleveland Institute of Electronics, the reputation or validity of their Electronics Engineering Technology degree was (and still is) the last thing in my mind. I plan to complete the program and get this degree. Why? Simple, because I'm learning.