About The AuthorGabriel Mongefranco is an experienced leader in software development and security analysis. On his free time, he is also a writer, poet, philanthropist and adventurer. Learn more.
Popular Topicsadventures blogging break up canada coast guard coast guard auxiliary davenport university death dreams español familia friendship frustration God grand rapids great lakes guatemala hacking happiness hope lake michigan life love medical michigan my wife new job oceans recovery relationships robotics romantic sadness school secret love social justice solitude spanish spectrum health sweet travel usa volunteering web development work
Travel – Viaje Archive
- Posted on 2012.01.11 | 3 CommentsI have so many stories to tell about the Auxiliary, and tonight, they all become a little more official! I never before felt so proud to wear my Operational Dress Uniform (ODU)...
- Posted on 2011.05.22 | 2 CommentsAs I stood in that vessel, balancing my body and supporting myself by pressing my legs against the engine room and the deck, I held in my hand not just a line, not just a maritime tool, but also the answer to all my questions....
- Posted on 2011.04.09 | No Comments...Addressed me as, "Cadet Mongefranco." "Cadet?" I thought. "Wow, that has a nice ring to it!" I felt liberated and invigorated. My life was finally catching up with my future, but this time in real life, not just in my dreams.
- Posted on 2011.03.29 | No Comments"Are you absolutely certain that this is what you want to do?" Perhaps I could. But it would require my absolute devotion, enduring financial hardship, and making school my life for three long years. Could I really do it?
- Posted on 2010.12.02 | 2 CommentsSo, what was the first thing I did? Well, I walked out of that ceremony with my naturalization certificate in hand and headed straight home to fill out the most important applications of my life: FBI and NOAA Corps.
- Posted on 2010.08.05 | No CommentsI have installed simple WordPress sites before, but I never had a chance to dig into the technicalities, plug-in writing, admin tricks, SEO optimization and such -- until now. It was fun!
- Posted on 2010.01.17 | No CommentsI'm back from Guatemala! It was fun, and it was really great to see my family again. It was the first time in many, many years that we could take a picture of the whole family together.
- Posted on 2009.06.06 | No CommentsNo more falling in love after two seconds, either. It's time to be careful not to fall for someone too quickly, but also careful not to wait too long. I now know what kind of girl I'm looking for...
- Posted on 2009.04.05 | No CommentsAfter the Pow Wow, I missed my exit to Lansing so I drove up to Flint, where in a split second I decided to go see the thumb of Michigan. I drove to Bad Axe, where I met some elite hackers.
- Posted on 2008.07.19 | 2 CommentsI had the opportunity to visit two very prestigious, world-renown Canadian universities: Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario, and University of Toronto in Toronto, Ontario.