About The AuthorGabriel Mongefranco is an experienced leader in software development and security analysis. On his free time, he is also a writer, poet, philanthropist and adventurer. Learn more.
Popular Topicsadventures blogging break up canada coast guard coast guard auxiliary davenport university death dreams español familia friendship frustration God grand rapids great lakes guatemala hacking happiness hope lake michigan life love medical michigan my wife new job oceans recovery relationships robotics romantic sadness school secret love social justice solitude spanish spectrum health sweet travel usa volunteering web development work
Work – Trabajo Archive
- Posted on 2011.05.22 | 2 CommentsAs I stood in that vessel, balancing my body and supporting myself by pressing my legs against the engine room and the deck, I held in my hand not just a line, not just a maritime tool, but also the answer to all my questions....
- Posted on 2011.04.09 | No Comments...Addressed me as, "Cadet Mongefranco." "Cadet?" I thought. "Wow, that has a nice ring to it!" I felt liberated and invigorated. My life was finally catching up with my future, but this time in real life, not just in my dreams.
- Posted on 2011.03.29 | No Comments"Are you absolutely certain that this is what you want to do?" Perhaps I could. But it would require my absolute devotion, enduring financial hardship, and making school my life for three long years. Could I really do it?
- Posted on 2011.01.24 | 3 CommentsToday was my first day at Two Men and a Truck home office (headquarters) in Lansing, Michigan. My first impression was quite positive -- everyone treated me like I was part of a big family.
- Posted on 2011.01.21 | 1 CommentI saw for the first time in a long, long time a joyful smile on her face and a look so bright, warm and full of hope that her happiness became mine. The last time I saw her smile and rejoice like this was when we first kissed. **Note: This content requires site login.
- Posted on 2010.12.17 | No CommentsI am probably not going to hear back until late January, after the selection committee selects the 18 officers for this year's BOTC class. The selection process is highly competitive.
- Posted on 2010.12.02 | 2 CommentsSo, what was the first thing I did? Well, I walked out of that ceremony with my naturalization certificate in hand and headed straight home to fill out the most important applications of my life: FBI and NOAA Corps.
- Posted on 2010.08.05 | No CommentsI have installed simple WordPress sites before, but I never had a chance to dig into the technicalities, plug-in writing, admin tricks, SEO optimization and such -- until now. It was fun!
- Posted on 2010.05.20 | No CommentsThe good thing is that I've been getting excellent grades so far, probably because I have time to study and do homework. Plus, it helps that I love every single one of my classes!!