About The AuthorGabriel Mongefranco is an experienced leader in software development and security analysis. On his free time, he is also a writer, poet, philanthropist and adventurer. Learn more.
Popular Topicsadventures blogging break up canada coast guard coast guard auxiliary davenport university death dreams español familia friendship frustration God grand rapids great lakes guatemala hacking happiness hope lake michigan life love medical michigan my wife new job oceans recovery relationships robotics romantic sadness school secret love social justice solitude spanish spectrum health sweet travel usa volunteering web development work
Nature – Naturaleza Archive
- Posted on 2011.09.08 | No CommentsA poem about how a mariner's relationship with his loved one is falling apart due his love for the sea, and her desire for a different lifestyle on his part. His dreams, she dreaded. His life, she shredded. His dreams sank....
- Posted on 2011.04.28 | 1 CommentA poem about the pain of having to leave a loved one for an overseas mission.
- Posted on 2011.01.30 | 1 CommentI can run. I can try to escape. I can look away, turn the music up, and try to bury myself in work or play. But it's all futile, for the oceans keep calling me, like a nagging voice in the back of my head.
- Posted on 2010.08.26 | No CommentsThis poem is about my life-transforming week-long kayaking trip in the North Channel with some Calvin College students for Wilderness Orientation. I wrote it while atop a cliff where we went rock climbing.
- Posted on 2010.08.24 | No CommentsA poem about the astonishing sky viewed from the North Channel in Ontario, Canada. I wrote this poem during my week-long kayaking trip in the North Channel with some Calvin College students for Wilderness Orientation.
- Posted on 2009.05.02 | No CommentsAdmiring the sunset in Little Traverse Bay on Lake Michigan (Petoskey, Michigan).
- Posted on 2007.05.04 | No CommentsReflection on a famous photograph/poster titled, "Canal - Normandy" (taken by Bill Phillip).
- Posted on 2006.02.04 | No CommentsA poem about seeking love, as distant as it may be. A dream about sailing away into the Ocean, looking for love.
- Posted on 2004.12.02 | No CommentsDeseando ver nuevamente a una persona amada que ha fallecido o desaparecido.
- Posted on 2003.03.01 | No CommentsAdmiring a flower formed by open and semi-open pedals.