About The AuthorGabriel Mongefranco is an experienced leader in software development and security analysis. On his free time, he is also a writer, poet, philanthropist and adventurer. Learn more.
Popular Topicsadventures blogging break up canada coast guard coast guard auxiliary davenport university death dreams español familia friendship frustration God grand rapids great lakes guatemala hacking happiness hope lake michigan life love medical michigan my wife new job oceans recovery relationships robotics romantic sadness school secret love social justice solitude spanish spectrum health sweet travel usa volunteering web development work
Life – Vida Archive
- Posted on 2012.02.12 | No CommentsA prayer of gratitude to God for hearing my voice crying out all alone in the dark, and sending me not only light, but also the company of the most wonderful woman: April Turek.
- Posted on 2011.09.08 | No CommentsA poem about how a mariner's relationship with his loved one is falling apart due his love for the sea, and her desire for a different lifestyle on his part. His dreams, she dreaded. His life, she shredded. His dreams sank....
- Posted on 2010.08.26 | No CommentsThis poem is about my life-transforming week-long kayaking trip in the North Channel with some Calvin College students for Wilderness Orientation. I wrote it while atop a cliff where we went rock climbing.
- Posted on 2008.12.11 | No CommentsConfronting two deadly choices: to live without love, or love shortly in deception.
- Posted on 2007.07.01 | No CommentsDwelling over a first, great, true love.
- Posted on 2007.06.29 | No CommentsAlthough we sometimes get lost in our problems, we must not forget what we all are truly after: peace. Written for a friend while visiting her at Hope Network (a rehab hospital).
- Posted on 2007.05.09 | No CommentsHoping that someone especial can start healing and feeling better. Written by the Grand River after visiting a friend Mary Free Bed (a rehab hospital).
- Posted on 2007.05.04 | No CommentsReflection on a famous photograph/poster titled, "Canal - Normandy" (taken by Bill Phillip).
- Posted on 2005.02.17 | No CommentsViviendo en la aungustia de un amor no correspondido (living in anguish due to a non-reciprocating love).
- Posted on 2004.05.03 | No CommentsA dialog regarding the purpose life between a person and a computer with artificial intelligence.