About The AuthorGabriel Mongefranco is an experienced leader in software development and security analysis. On his free time, he is also a writer, poet, philanthropist and adventurer. Learn more.
Popular Topicsadventures blogging break up canada coast guard coast guard auxiliary davenport university death dreams español familia friendship frustration God grand rapids great lakes guatemala hacking happiness hope lake michigan life love medical michigan my wife new job oceans recovery relationships robotics romantic sadness school secret love social justice solitude spanish spectrum health sweet travel usa volunteering web development work
- Posted on 2011.01.24 | 3 CommentsToday was my first day at Two Men and a Truck home office (headquarters) in Lansing, Michigan. My first impression was quite positive -- everyone treated me like I was part of a big family.
- Posted on 2010.08.26 | No CommentsThis poem is about my life-transforming week-long kayaking trip in the North Channel with some Calvin College students for Wilderness Orientation. I wrote it while atop a cliff where we went rock climbing.
- Posted on 2010.08.24 | No CommentsA poem about the astonishing sky viewed from the North Channel in Ontario, Canada. I wrote this poem during my week-long kayaking trip in the North Channel with some Calvin College students for Wilderness Orientation.
- Posted on 2008.07.19 | 2 CommentsI had the opportunity to visit two very prestigious, world-renown Canadian universities: Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario, and University of Toronto in Toronto, Ontario.
- Posted on 2008.07.03 | No CommentsCanada, here I come....
- Posted on 2008.06.17 | No CommentsThere it was: an e-mail from the Mathematics and Engineering department at Queen's University. I had been accepted to their graduate program!
- Posted on 2008.06.09 | No CommentsThe average winter temperature in Yukon is -14 C, while the average summer temperature is about 25 C. Despite the extreme temperatures, however, there are many plus sides to Yukon, and specifically Whitehorse: wonderful scenery, rich cultural heritage, and many incentives for doing business.
- Posted on 2008.06.03 | No CommentsWhat lies ahead is unknown. Sometimes, one can only embark into a new adventure hoping to find compassion in those that drive through the long road. One can only hope to find ahead the one thing that means the most....