About The AuthorGabriel Mongefranco is an experienced leader in software development and security analysis. On his free time, he is also a writer, poet, philanthropist and adventurer. Learn more.
Popular Topicsadventures blogging break up canada coast guard coast guard auxiliary davenport university death dreams español familia friendship frustration God grand rapids great lakes guatemala hacking happiness hope lake michigan life love medical michigan my wife new job oceans recovery relationships robotics romantic sadness school secret love social justice solitude spanish spectrum health sweet travel usa volunteering web development work
- Posted on 2011.01.21 | 1 CommentI saw for the first time in a long, long time a joyful smile on her face and a look so bright, warm and full of hope that her happiness became mine. The last time I saw her smile and rejoice like this was when we first kissed. **Note: This content requires site login.
- Posted on 2010.08.26 | No CommentsThis poem is about my life-transforming week-long kayaking trip in the North Channel with some Calvin College students for Wilderness Orientation. I wrote it while atop a cliff where we went rock climbing.
- Posted on 2009.04.08 | No Comments"What the heck are you doing?!" April yelled with an awakening voice. "Are you even paying attention to me?!" "Huh?" I uttered, as I started to regain consciousness, awakening from my daydream world...
- Posted on 2008.09.24 | 1 CommentI have learned to befriend people from all cultures, ages and sexes with only a regard to what type of influence they will have on me.
- Posted on 2008.08.24 | No CommentsIt has been almost a year since we lost Guero. This coming Sunday (31st), there will be a Mass on his honor at Holy Name of Jesus and I would […]
- Posted on 2008.08.24 | 7 Comments...We stood on top of the slippery yellow spider for a moment, holding hands and looking down. Then, I slowly and gently hugged her waist as she touched her forehead against mine. "Well, this is different," she said....
- Posted on 2008.06.29 | No CommentsAs I share a summer Sunday among all these great people who have become almost like my second family, I feel that it's not the same. We are missing someone. We are missing Guero. **Note: This content requires site login.
- Posted on 2008.05.24 | No CommentsHi everyone! I am very excited to finally have my own, permanent Website up and running! It still needs some work — and by some I mean about 98% 🙂 […]
- Posted on 2007.05.09 | No CommentsHoping that someone especial can start healing and feeling better. Written by the Grand River after visiting a friend Mary Free Bed (a rehab hospital).
- Posted on 2007.04.29 | No CommentsWishing happiness and well being to a loved one. I wrote this poem shortly after I learned about her car accident.