About The AuthorGabriel Mongefranco is an experienced leader in software development and security analysis. On his free time, he is also a writer, poet, philanthropist and adventurer. Learn more.
Popular Topicsadventures blogging break up canada coast guard coast guard auxiliary davenport university death dreams español familia friendship frustration God grand rapids great lakes guatemala hacking happiness hope lake michigan life love medical michigan my wife new job oceans recovery relationships robotics romantic sadness school secret love social justice solitude spanish spectrum health sweet travel usa volunteering web development work
- Posted on 2012.02.12 | No CommentsA prayer of gratitude to God for hearing my voice crying out all alone in the dark, and sending me not only light, but also the company of the most wonderful woman: April Turek.
- Posted on 2011.05.04 | No CommentsWhen I came into your life, I quickly found myself loving you and you loving me in such a profound way that we found no more natural progression than to want some sort of commitment in our relationship. Commitment... that's scary! **Note: This content requires site login.
- Posted on 2011.01.21 | 1 CommentI saw for the first time in a long, long time a joyful smile on her face and a look so bright, warm and full of hope that her happiness became mine. The last time I saw her smile and rejoice like this was when we first kissed. **Note: This content requires site login.
- Posted on 2010.08.26 | No CommentsThis poem is about my life-transforming week-long kayaking trip in the North Channel with some Calvin College students for Wilderness Orientation. I wrote it while atop a cliff where we went rock climbing.
- Posted on 2010.08.24 | No CommentsA poem about the astonishing sky viewed from the North Channel in Ontario, Canada. I wrote this poem during my week-long kayaking trip in the North Channel with some Calvin College students for Wilderness Orientation.
- Posted on 2005.03.31 | No CommentsLike that first kiss, or first time, or great moment together with someone especial -- aren't those the moments that make you feel like you're home? However, if a home is but an intermittent collection of special moments, then my idealistic beliefs of a home are not realistic. Perhaps a home is abstract enough to be eluded by definitions.
- Posted on 1999.12.16 | No CommentsUn sueño divino sobre un ángel y yo siendo torturados, y Jesús viniendo al rescate.
- Posted on 1999.05.23 | No CommentsUn poema de esperanza para aquellos quienes se encuentran encarcelados.
- Posted on 1999.05.22 | No CommentsCelebrando el nacimiento y sacrificio de Cristo Jesús.