About The AuthorGabriel Mongefranco is an experienced leader in software development and security analysis. On his free time, he is also a writer, poet, philanthropist and adventurer. Learn more.
Popular Topicsadventures blogging break up canada coast guard coast guard auxiliary davenport university death dreams español familia friendship frustration God grand rapids great lakes guatemala hacking happiness hope lake michigan life love medical michigan my wife new job oceans recovery relationships robotics romantic sadness school secret love social justice solitude spanish spectrum health sweet travel usa volunteering web development work
grand rapids Archive
- Posted on 2011.08.13 | No Comments"God, please look after her," I prayed. "And please God, o please God, let me come back safe to her: allow me to see my love..."
- Posted on 2011.02.19 | 2 CommentsI joined the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary last month. Just last Saturday, I was invited to participate in the first of many boat crew classes... at the Muskegon Coast Guard station! We brought lunch for the "coasties"...
- Posted on 2011.01.21 | 1 CommentI saw for the first time in a long, long time a joyful smile on her face and a look so bright, warm and full of hope that her happiness became mine. The last time I saw her smile and rejoice like this was when we first kissed. **Note: This content requires site login.
- Posted on 2010.08.05 | No CommentsI have installed simple WordPress sites before, but I never had a chance to dig into the technicalities, plug-in writing, admin tricks, SEO optimization and such -- until now. It was fun!
- Posted on 2009.09.25 | No CommentsIn my mind, a house is nothing but a smart financial decision. It is not special, and certainly not an accomplishment. A house is simply a place to sleep. It is a basic material necessity, nothing more, and nothing less. **Note: This content requires site login.
- Posted on 2009.06.28 | No CommentsThis store was part of Good Will Industries, which is an organization that provides work and humanitarian aid for those in disadvantage through its hundreds of donation centers and thrift stores.
- Posted on 2009.03.25 | No CommentsThe road soon ended, but I wasn’t done. I wasn’t far away enough. I needed to drive some more. I hopped into the highway, into US131 northbound, and I drove....
- Posted on 2009.03.21 | No CommentsThe river never stood still. That is when I saw it. I noticed that the concave sky, which was always so distant and so far above, was hereby being pulled into the Grand River and dragged to the same altitude as my mortal life.