About The AuthorGabriel Mongefranco is an experienced leader in software development and security analysis. On his free time, he is also a writer, poet, philanthropist and adventurer. Learn more.
Popular Topicsadventures blogging break up canada coast guard coast guard auxiliary davenport university death dreams español familia friendship frustration God grand rapids great lakes guatemala hacking happiness hope lake michigan life love medical michigan my wife new job oceans recovery relationships robotics romantic sadness school secret love social justice solitude spanish spectrum health sweet travel usa volunteering web development work
- Posted on 2011.09.08 | No CommentsA poem about how a mariner's relationship with his loved one is falling apart due his love for the sea, and her desire for a different lifestyle on his part. His dreams, she dreaded. His life, she shredded. His dreams sank....
- Posted on 2011.05.22 | 2 CommentsAs I stood in that vessel, balancing my body and supporting myself by pressing my legs against the engine room and the deck, I held in my hand not just a line, not just a maritime tool, but also the answer to all my questions....
- Posted on 2011.04.28 | 1 CommentA poem about the pain of having to leave a loved one for an overseas mission.
- Posted on 2011.04.09 | No Comments...Addressed me as, "Cadet Mongefranco." "Cadet?" I thought. "Wow, that has a nice ring to it!" I felt liberated and invigorated. My life was finally catching up with my future, but this time in real life, not just in my dreams.
- Posted on 2011.03.29 | No Comments"Are you absolutely certain that this is what you want to do?" Perhaps I could. But it would require my absolute devotion, enduring financial hardship, and making school my life for three long years. Could I really do it?
- Posted on 2011.01.30 | 1 CommentI can run. I can try to escape. I can look away, turn the music up, and try to bury myself in work or play. But it's all futile, for the oceans keep calling me, like a nagging voice in the back of my head.
- Posted on 2010.12.02 | 2 CommentsSo, what was the first thing I did? Well, I walked out of that ceremony with my naturalization certificate in hand and headed straight home to fill out the most important applications of my life: FBI and NOAA Corps.
- Posted on 2010.01.17 | No CommentsI'm back from Guatemala! It was fun, and it was really great to see my family again. It was the first time in many, many years that we could take a picture of the whole family together.
- Posted on 2006.02.04 | No CommentsA poem about seeking love, as distant as it may be. A dream about sailing away into the Ocean, looking for love.