About The AuthorGabriel Mongefranco is an experienced leader in software development and security analysis. On his free time, he is also a writer, poet, philanthropist and adventurer. Learn more.
Popular Topicsadventures blogging break up canada coast guard coast guard auxiliary davenport university death dreams español familia friendship frustration God grand rapids great lakes guatemala hacking happiness hope lake michigan life love medical michigan my wife new job oceans recovery relationships robotics romantic sadness school secret love social justice solitude spanish spectrum health sweet travel usa volunteering web development work
- Posted on 2011.06.15 | 1 CommentShe still couldn't believe it. It was still hard for me to process it as well. "You're not dreaming," I said once again. "This is real. This is happening." She hugged me once again, as our hearts shared the taste of a miracle...
- Posted on 2011.05.30 | No CommentsThis poem is about reminding those who expect to be healed by the power of God to actually thank Him when this happens.
- Posted on 2011.02.14 | No CommentsA poem about a young woman fighting for her life and working hard for a full recovery after being involved in an almost fatal car accident, and how my feelings for her might be re-surfacing.
- Posted on 2011.01.21 | 1 CommentI saw for the first time in a long, long time a joyful smile on her face and a look so bright, warm and full of hope that her happiness became mine. The last time I saw her smile and rejoice like this was when we first kissed. **Note: This content requires site login.
- Posted on 2010.03.12 | No CommentsYay, I'm still alive! Surgery went well (mostly), and I am on my way to recovery. As a very random coincidence -- or a blessing perhaps --, Calvin College had a campus visit for engineering students today that I would have otherwise been unable to attend....
- Posted on 2007.06.29 | No CommentsAlthough we sometimes get lost in our problems, we must not forget what we all are truly after: peace. Written for a friend while visiting her at Hope Network (a rehab hospital).
- Posted on 2007.05.09 | No CommentsHoping that someone especial can start healing and feeling better. Written by the Grand River after visiting a friend Mary Free Bed (a rehab hospital).
- Posted on 2007.04.29 | No CommentsWishing happiness and well being to a loved one. I wrote this poem shortly after I learned about her car accident.