About The AuthorGabriel Mongefranco is an experienced leader in software development and security analysis. On his free time, he is also a writer, poet, philanthropist and adventurer. Learn more.
Popular Topicsadventures blogging break up canada coast guard coast guard auxiliary davenport university death dreams español familia friendship frustration God grand rapids great lakes guatemala hacking happiness hope lake michigan life love medical michigan my wife new job oceans recovery relationships robotics romantic sadness school secret love social justice solitude spanish spectrum health sweet travel usa volunteering web development work
- Posted on 2011.08.13 | No Comments"God, please look after her," I prayed. "And please God, o please God, let me come back safe to her: allow me to see my love..."
- Posted on 2011.04.09 | No Comments...Addressed me as, "Cadet Mongefranco." "Cadet?" I thought. "Wow, that has a nice ring to it!" I felt liberated and invigorated. My life was finally catching up with my future, but this time in real life, not just in my dreams.
- Posted on 2011.03.31 | No CommentsI can read all the exam preparation books and take all the practice tests in existence, but in the end, speaking English as a second language is my innate disadvantage. I just don't have the vocabulary that other Americans...
- Posted on 2011.03.29 | No Comments"Are you absolutely certain that this is what you want to do?" Perhaps I could. But it would require my absolute devotion, enduring financial hardship, and making school my life for three long years. Could I really do it?
- Posted on 2010.12.02 | 2 CommentsSo, what was the first thing I did? Well, I walked out of that ceremony with my naturalization certificate in hand and headed straight home to fill out the most important applications of my life: FBI and NOAA Corps.
- Posted on 2010.05.20 | No CommentsThe good thing is that I've been getting excellent grades so far, probably because I have time to study and do homework. Plus, it helps that I love every single one of my classes!!
- Posted on 2010.05.11 | No CommentsI ran across a couple of fun sites that provide virtual tours of Egyptian pyramids, including: King Khunfu's chamber, Khufu's pyramid, Khafre pyramid, and the Sphynx.
- Posted on 2010.04.20 | No CommentsWhen I decided to enroll at Cleveland Institute of Electronics, the reputation or validity of their Electronics Engineering Technology degree was (and still is) the last thing in my mind. I plan to complete the program and get this degree. Why? Simple, because I'm learning.
- Posted on 2010.04.12 | No CommentsI've made up my mind: I'm going to Calvin. I am also enrolled in an Associate's in Electronics Engineering Technology at Cleveland Institute of Electronics. I'm ready to embark on a long-term adventure in robotics....
- Posted on 2010.03.12 | No CommentsYay, I'm still alive! Surgery went well (mostly), and I am on my way to recovery. As a very random coincidence -- or a blessing perhaps --, Calvin College had a campus visit for engineering students today that I would have otherwise been unable to attend....