About The AuthorGabriel Mongefranco is an experienced leader in software development and security analysis. On his free time, he is also a writer, poet, philanthropist and adventurer. Learn more.
Popular Topicsadventures blogging break up canada coast guard coast guard auxiliary davenport university death dreams español familia friendship frustration God grand rapids great lakes guatemala hacking happiness hope lake michigan life love medical michigan my wife new job oceans recovery relationships robotics romantic sadness school secret love social justice solitude spanish spectrum health sweet travel usa volunteering web development work
social justice Archive
- Posted on 2009.08.12 | No CommentsToday is a rainy day, so he is forced to setup camp on a piece of cardboard just outside of the shopping area. One side of his cardboard reads, "Will work for food." The other is merely his chair.
- Posted on 2009.03.17 | No CommentsShe cries in desperation. She cries with excruciation. But this time, she cannot cry herself to death. She can only cry, and scream for compassion, and toss and turn, and feel the sharp pain killing her from tooth to brain.
- Posted on 2009.02.16 | No CommentsThere is the power, for instance, that comes with driving the biggest vehicle in town. There is also networking with people of all sorts....
- Posted on 2009.02.03 | No CommentsBut of all things, what was hardest yet to understand was how much my own parents were sacrificing to get me out of that dying world. Growing up, it was easy to be blinded by the idea...
- Posted on 2008.11.15 | 1 CommentI am very sorry to hear that, I said -- what else could I have possibly said to that? What else could I have possibly said to a man who aside from not having sight, had also lost everything, absolutely everything, in a fire....
- Posted on 2008.11.08 | No CommentsI still wake up in the middle of the night thinking, if only their hearts could be heard. If only all victims of violence, greed and hate could tell their stories without fear of prosecution, the world would be a different place.
- Posted on 2008.06.14 | 6 CommentsIn the few years I’ve been in the United States, I have seen many wonderful places and experienced a great life. I have learned why this country is so great […]
- Posted on 2008.05.30 | No CommentsTonight, I went to Buffalo Wild Wings with my buddy to watch the Pistons game. As we were driving in, the guys in a car driving out yelled, “You niggers!” […]