About The AuthorGabriel Mongefranco is an experienced leader in software development and security analysis. On his free time, he is also a writer, poet, philanthropist and adventurer. Learn more.
Popular Topicsadventures blogging break up canada coast guard coast guard auxiliary davenport university death dreams español familia friendship frustration God grand rapids great lakes guatemala hacking happiness hope lake michigan life love medical michigan my wife new job oceans recovery relationships robotics romantic sadness school secret love social justice solitude spanish spectrum health sweet travel usa volunteering web development work
- Posted on 2011.04.16 | No CommentsWe headed outside, into the cold rain, and went aboard one of the Coast Guard boats. Rick showed us how to toss a line, but he forgot to do the most important thing: tie the other end to the boat. :) So there it went, flying away!
- Posted on 2011.03.31 | No CommentsI can read all the exam preparation books and take all the practice tests in existence, but in the end, speaking English as a second language is my innate disadvantage. I just don't have the vocabulary that other Americans...
- Posted on 2011.03.29 | No Comments"Are you absolutely certain that this is what you want to do?" Perhaps I could. But it would require my absolute devotion, enduring financial hardship, and making school my life for three long years. Could I really do it?
- Posted on 2011.01.24 | 3 CommentsToday was my first day at Two Men and a Truck home office (headquarters) in Lansing, Michigan. My first impression was quite positive -- everyone treated me like I was part of a big family.
- Posted on 2010.12.25 | No CommentsI got to see my nieces and nephews open their presents (and break the first one of the night!). It was so very exciting... it was almost like being there with them! This completely opens the doors for future family gatherings.
- Posted on 2010.12.02 | 2 CommentsSo, what was the first thing I did? Well, I walked out of that ceremony with my naturalization certificate in hand and headed straight home to fill out the most important applications of my life: FBI and NOAA Corps.
- Posted on 2009.09.25 | No CommentsIn my mind, a house is nothing but a smart financial decision. It is not special, and certainly not an accomplishment. A house is simply a place to sleep. It is a basic material necessity, nothing more, and nothing less. **Note: This content requires site login.
- Posted on 2009.06.28 | No CommentsThis store was part of Good Will Industries, which is an organization that provides work and humanitarian aid for those in disadvantage through its hundreds of donation centers and thrift stores.
- Posted on 2009.06.06 | No CommentsNo more falling in love after two seconds, either. It's time to be careful not to fall for someone too quickly, but also careful not to wait too long. I now know what kind of girl I'm looking for...